Monday, April 2, 2007

So because I'm addicted to YouTube, I decided to look up videos about Sarajevo and the War in Bosnia. I dont know if anyone else likes the videos on YouTube or not, but if you just search there are a ton that do a really good job of showing the city and the damage. I added the link to this post from one I watched on the site. It was just weird seeing the damage and imagining Irena there walking around and living the war. Check it out if you feel like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDAw9JnZ4g&mode=related&search=

2 comments:

Zuly said...

Zuleyka T. Period 3

I liked the video, but its kinda sad to see children dead layin on the ground. I dont see how someone can have the heart to kill an innocent child.

UB's Pretty Birds Group said...

I agree with Zuly. Some scenes in this video were hard to watch. Did anyone else notice that this was made for a school project? I thought that was interesting and I started wondering what this project might be for, etc. or if the student is American, etc.

I also thought it was interesting how the maker of the video chose to have the sound of gunfire playing in the background along with the music at times. I think this added to the overall feeling of sadness, fear, etc.

YouTube is definetly a good site to check out, thanks Jess.

-Colleen